U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaches are recognized as experts in teaching golf to kids ages 12 and under. Certified Coaches learn to leverage their expertise by incorporating an in-depth understanding of club fitting for young golfers, utilizing an established curriculum that features game-based learning methods, offer playing opportunities on the golf course from scaled yardages and communicate effectively with parents.
The U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coach Seminar is a one-day training that includes indoor classroom sessions and an outdoor live coaching clinic. Participants receive the USKG Games Guide and sample Learning Program curriculum. Coaches that complete the Certification will be provided access to a range of coaching and instructional resources, see below for more information.
The goal of the Certified Coach program is to assist professionals in enhancing their programs through the information shared, and knowledge gained, in the following areas:
- Organizing and Executing a Youth Program – The key ingredients for a successful youth golf instruction program.
- Expert Club Fitting – The important role properly fit clubs play in helping young golfers learn and enjoy the game.
- Swing Speed – Enabling young golfers to develop fundamentally sound swings and create more speed and power.
- Relationships – Creating positive interactions with the player and parent.
- Scaling the Golf Course – Providing enjoyable on-course experiences by playing proper yardages.
- Curriculum – Utilizing a structured, incentive-based curriculum to enhance your youth program.
- Game Based Learning – Using golf-specific games as a key component in training.
- Resources – Tools to train and assist professionals in youth coaching.
- Networking – Sharing best practices with other golf professionals and coaches.
We’re Here to Help You Grow Your Business
The U.S. Kids Golf Coaches Institute was formed to support golf professionals as they work to improve their youth business. The process begins by attending a U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaching Seminar in order to learn about equipment fitting, games-based coaching, and course setup. Once Certification Tests are passed, the Coaches Institute provides the following benefits:
- You will have a Personal Profile Page on the U.S. Kids Golf website that exposes your business to over 60,000 unique web visitors per month.This is linked to the U.S. Kids Golf Australia Website to give you a local and international profile.
- You are given a Coach Portal, which has Coaching Resources and Promotional Tools that are available to help build your program.
- Your club or business receives a 2% discount on any U.S. Kids Golf product.
- You receive a President’s Club Membership at Longleaf Golf & Family Club, Southern Pines, NC—the home of our “living laboratory”. Schedule one-on-one time with our U.S. Kids Golf National Academy Director at no charge to discuss best practices or learn more about the Longleaf Tee System
- You are eligible for consideration for our Top 50 Kids Teacher Award given out yearly at the PGA Merchandise Show (Applications open in September each year).
- You may return to any USKG Certified Coaching Seminar for a significantly discounted rate refresh your knowledge.
To become listed on the U.S. Kids Golf website as a Certified Coach and gain access to the Certified Coach Resource page which includes, logos, tools and resources you must complete the following requirements.
- Attend a Certified Coach Seminar.
- Score 80% or better on the USKG Certified Coach test. The USKG test will be emailed upon the conclusion of the seminar.
- Complete and pass the Positive Coaching Alliance Double-Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons online course and test. The voucher code to take the PCA course and test for free will be emailed upon the conclusion of the seminar. If you have registered for a seminar and wish to take the PCA course and test in advance, please contact email@example.com the voucher code will be sent. USKG will not reimburse for PCA courses completed without the voucher code.
To maintain an active Certified Coach status the following guidelines must be met.
- Maintain an account with USKG – As a Certified Coach you have the option of being associated to a facility account, open an account in your name or become a USKG Affiliate account.
- Update your profile on the USKG website. Click here to view other coach profiles.
- Pay your annual renewal fee